Digital Readouts & Scales
For more than 125 years, HEIDENHAIN has delivered the trusted precision measurement and motion control solutions behind the machines and devices that move us forward. Their encoders, controls and other precision measurement solutions enable everything from improved manufacturing processes to safer, more reliable medical diagnostics—and we’ve perfected the delicate balance of cutting-edge innovation and universal compatibility.
Length Gauges and Metrology Solutions
When you need accuracy and versatility, length gauges and QUADRA-CHEK metrology solutions from HEIDENHAIN deliver. These sophisticated, mechanically rugged products cover a wide range of applications—including optical comparators/profile projectors, video measuring machines, multi-sensor machines and coordinate measuring machines.
- Products cover myriad applications in production metrology, in multipoint inspection stations, measuring equipment monitoring, and as position measuring devices
- The high-accuracy specifications apply over the entire measuring length—whether the part measures 10 mm or 100 mm
- High repeatability offers an advantage during comparative measurements—in series production, for example
- The wide measuring ranges (from 12 mm to 100 mm) eliminate the need for multiple, expensive setups
- Rugged construction and high thermal stability makes HEIDENHAIN length gauges ideal for industrial environments
- QUADRA-CHEK evaluation electronics cover a variety of metrological applications—including tool presetters, profile projectors, measuring microscopes, 2D and video measuring machines
- In the optional CNC version, they also operate as full-fledged controls for axis positioning and can automatically execute measuring programs
Digital Readout Systems
Digital readout systems (or position display units) and interface electronics from HEIDNHAIN offer increased accuracy and quality control in myriad applications. From metalworking to measuring microscopes, these products are as easy to use as they are effective.
- Systems increase productivity, save time and provide higher precision by translating the values measured by linear encoders, length gauges, rotary encoders or angle encoders into an easy-to-read format
- They can be installed on new equipment or retrofitted to machines already in operation
- Systems work with any machine where axis slides are traversed manually
- Data interface allows for additional processing or printouts of the measured values (most models)
Linear Encoders for Length Measurement
Nothing beats the positioning accuracy of linear encoders from HEIDENHAIN. Available in absolute and incremental versions and ideal for a variety of applications—including machine tools, semiconductor machines and medical machines—these measuring solutions combat a variety of issues that erode precision.
- Eliminate machine tool position errors caused by thermal expansion, deformation of the drive mechanics, pitch issues and more
- High long-term speed stability
- Sturdy construction and high resistance to vibration
- Finer signal periods offer highest interpolation accuracy
- Compact, lightweight and easy to install
- Durable and dependable—functions properly even after many years of operation
- Sealed or enclosed linear designs available
Angle and Rotary Encoders
Today’s machine, electrical motor, printing and automation applications demand ever-increasing precision, robustness and dynamics. The full line of HEIDENHAIN angle and rotary encoder products delivers on all these qualities, along with the high reliability HEIDENHAIN has been known for over the last 125-plus years. Available in absolute and incremental versions and ideal for a variety of applications—including rotary tables, motor feedback, printing/paper converting machines, and telescopes these encoders fulfill a variety of angle measurement needs.
- Accuracy at or below ±10” (arcseconds
- Proven robustness
- Rotary encoders have a compact size and simple installation
- Angle encoders have large mounting tolerances